Saturday, April 24, 2010

Taking a Break, But First Get to Know Me!

The last 24 hours have been incredible. Nick and I are now officially home-owners (and officially in major debt, haha)!! The house needs a LOT of work, but we couldn't be more happy, and proud. This next week we will be working on getting everything organized, buying a new bedroom and living room furniture, straightening up the yard (garden!!), and so much more. I have decided to take a week off from blogging. I may still read some blogs here and there, but there will not be any new CANDID RD posts until later next week or next weekend. I plan to do a post that includes pictures of our new home!



Coco of Balance, Joy, and Delicias has passed on two fabulous awards to me (thanks Coco!). I rarely post much information about myself, so here is your chance to get to know me a little better.


I'm supposed to write ten things that make me happy:

1) When Nick is happy, I am happy (we live together, so you know, if he's sad, I get sad! And when he's in a good mood, I am too, most of the time....). I'm also happy when my mom is happy, because she's the true love of my life.

2) Waking up to the sun shine

3) My morning coffee and blog session

4) Reading nice comments on my blog (you guys sometimes write the sweetest comments, and they mean so much!)

5) When I make someone smile or laugh

6) Eating ice cream

7) Weddings (especially wedding cake)

8) A good workout, which makes me SWEAT

9) Watching the 6:30 pm World News and hearing happy stories (I find that this is rare these days)

10) Having something to look forward to on the weekends

Question: What makes YOU happy?



Now I need to tell you ten honest things about myself. In reality, I'm one of the most honest people I know (which sometimes bites me in the butt because being honest isn't always a good thing) but I know there are a few things you don't know about me, and I'm going to "spill it" right now....

1) I wanted to be an actress when I was young, and my favorite actress was Kirstie Alley (I loved her in Look Who's Talking!). I took acting lessons for several years, but then quit.

2) I used to be a quitter. I quit ballet, gymnastics, baton, track, lacrosse, piano, French horn (yes, I played the French horn!!), and as I said, I quit acting lessons. I am no longer a quitter because I want to be a role model for my children.

3) I used to be a party animal. I've probably mentioned this before, but for those of you who are new to my blog, there you go, I was Gina the partier! That doesn't mean I didn't take school seriously. I did. I was just so type A that I always got my studying done before night time rolled around, so I always managed to go out! Let's just say I took full advantage of college :)

4) I have a crazy obsession with mustard. I sometimes use a sickening amount on burgers, sandwiches, brauts, etc. I know, I know, it's got a lot of sodium, but it's better than mayo....right?!

5) I can't leave the bedroom in the morning without making the bed. It's some sort of obsession. It MUST be made! And yes, I've got Nick hooked too.

6) I still watch the Real World, and The Real World, Road Rules Challenge on MTV. Yikes.

7) I sometimes don't shower after I workout. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I just admitted that! Yeah, I have these cloths that I use to give myself a sponge bath of sorts. This is only when I don't have time to shower. I get away with this because I have never had an issue with smell. I mean, I think I would know by now! Are you disgusted yet??

8) My first job was at Bob Evans and I was not a waitress, I was a busboy (busgirl??)! I was also a hostess, but my memories are from busing tables. Can you imagine???

9) I was once fired from a waitress job because I failed to give someone her 32 cents change. She called and had me fired. That was actually a good thing. I had to get out of the waitress business!

10) I was an only child for 13 years, until my brother Joseph was born. I still feel like an only child sometimes, but Joseph is the best kid in the world!

Giveaway ALERT

Kristen (aka the Swanky RD) is having a purse giveaway!


Thanks for reading about me! Have a great week everyone. I'll cya back here in a week :)

40 comments :

  1. So glad that the move into the new house went well-- enjoy your week off of blogging, and have fun enjoying your new HOMEOWNER status!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New things are fun! You get to buy new furniture and decorate just how you want it! It's nice to get to know you on a more personal level. Believe me, you are not the only one to not shower after working out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a quitter...just someone who likes to try new things. Why stick to something that is not making you happy? Enjoy settling into the new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I still watch the RW too and all the challenges! I grew up watching these things, so why stop now? ha

    and I ALSO have to make my bed, when I wake up! I think my mom engraved that in my head lol

    Congrats on the new house love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i too used to want to be an actress, loved kirstie allery (still do), also have an obsene obsession for mustard (go through so many jars a week), and i LOVE the real world!

    it was so great to read ur answers! and i think thats cool that ur taking a blog break, very healthy i think. and yes if u get a chance PLEASE show some pics of u place. we'd all love that.

    xoxo .. we'll miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooo!!! each of the things you said about me is eyes opening for me, actress and partier? I didn't know that. But i can imagine that now ;)
    I don't always shower after workout either.... specially during winter.... when I'm out of time or don't sweat much. It's not that gross when I don't live with anyone. :)

    good luck with home organizing/decorating. I'm looking forward to look the pics of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that the move went well. Good luck getting everything in order over the next few weeks.

    Was fun to read the facts about you. It's always nice to get to know things about people that blog.

    What makes me happy? Tons of things....getting a full weekend with my partner, as she hardly ever is off on the weekends, a good workout, homemade healthy foods, and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lists and can't wait to see pics of the new house! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always fun to get to know the little fun facts about someone. Enjoy the new home. Wish I could help you, I LOVE home improvement projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay congrats on being a homeowner! I bet it's so much better than living in an apt (can't wait until I get there someday). Can't wait to see your photos!

    Love the interesting facts. I didn't know that you used to play the french horn?!

    Enjoy your week off blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Gina!!

    So happy for you!It is a good feeling - being a homeowner!!

    Enjoy your week's break- we'll be here when you get back!

    Love your HONESTY!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your break, I just moved and it was tough! And CONGRATS on the house!! So exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I'm going to miss your posts. Good luck with everything on the house. I hope it all works out for the best. ^^
    Super busy on this end as well. I think I'm going to try to do a post similar in style to this w/ the lists. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing more about you! I was somewhat of a quitter growing up also. I was just neve particularly good at anything so I would do it for a while then switch to something else.
    Enjoy your week off from blogging and hope you make good prorgress on the house shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gahhh!!! when's your first housepartay cause you know i'll be thur ;)

    enjoy your blogging break girl! glad you and nicky boy are supes happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wahoo! Your blog is always so informative and great to read but it's really fun getting to know more about you too.
    I am so glad you are moved into your house. Even if it is a work in progress you are going to love living in a house, I know it. Also, I want to say if you love weddings- you may want to think about having a seriously low key one yourself haha, just from experience I would say planning my own wedding has not made me love weddings as much- though I do usually enjoy other people's especially if I know a lot of people also there- its just one big exciting party celebrating one of my friends, what's not to like? I will probably not love the one I have to go to in May and sit by myself cuz Eric will be at the head table...so you know, it depends :)

    Also, I can't believe you got fired for not giving someone 32 cents, thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I don't shower after working out if I'm not going anywhere- like if it's night and I'm just going to bed. I promise I wash my sheets a lot though! I might have to change this during my yoga challenge though haha. Okay enough from me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS, HOME OWNER!! How exciting! There must be such a sense of pride and accomplishment in having your very own home, even if it needs work- there's always time for that. I'm really really happy for you and Nick!!

    I loved getting to know you better through these lists of ten. They just made me like you more. And I already sensed that you were a wonderful person. I hope you have a great week setting up shop in the new home- enjoy and good luck, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! That's awesome news!
    Also great knowing you better! :)
    Enjoy the week off blogging and good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats to you and nick! so happy for you.....really look forward to seeing your pics of the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your new house! That is super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATULATIONS on the house!!!! I'm so excited for you! Getting everything in order can be a bit overwhelming, but enjoy the process! And enjoy your blogging break.

    Finally, I loved to learn more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! I am so happy you have a new office to work out of. Take some time to unpack and relax and I look forward to reading your blog when you come back. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your week off! I hope you get tons of stuff done in your new home. I use to be a quitter too, but not any more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. YAY!!!! Enjoy your new house and the honeymoon of being a new homeowner :) There's nothing like setting up a home that YOURS and getting it just the way you want (especially for Type A's like us ;) ). I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

    I liked reading all about you - some things I knew, but some things I didn't. Like, I didn't know you waitressed! That's one thing I never did, and I wonder if I should have because so many people I know did that it's like a rite of passage, but reading your description - I think I'll pass :)

    Have a wonderful week, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  25. COngratulations, Gina! That's fantastic! I can totally see why you need a break, but don't be gone too long!

    I can't believe you got fired over 32 cents?!! WTH?! I was a waitress once too, and customers....grate my nerves sometimes, but never to that degree! Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  26. CONGRATULATIONS! It's exciting to own your won place :D And GOOD LUCK with all of the crazy busyness that will ensue, heh. Enjoy your week off, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the new house!!! Sun shine makes me very happy too. Oh, and I was a party animal as well during my college years; I would study till the coffee shops closed then head out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. CONGRATS, home owner! So exciting!! I cannot wait to see pictures!

    Congrats on the award! I loved reading your 10 things. Fired for not giving $0.32 of change!? Wowza! Not cool! I knew you were a party girl from something you mentioned way back when because I thought, "She and I have that in common!" Now I much the opposite, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on your new home!!! Bravo to you for taking a week's break from blogging - you deserve it, girl!! :-) I can't wait to see your new home photos when you return!! :-)

    I so enjoyed reading your 10 items list! Having something to look forward to on the weekends makes me happy too - especially if it's something I can plan towards during the week, even if it's as tiny as picking up ingredients for a special meal we're going to make on Friday night, etc... Weekends are THE BEST! :-)

    I was a type-A party-girl in college too... ;-)

    I have to make the bed before I leave the bedroom in the morning too!! I'm so impressed that you were able to teach Nick the habit - Zach thinks it's silly of me and staunchly refuses to participate... :-p

    YAY for your new house!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I SUPER love reading about other people...a little bit better than reality TV for me. And I think that there is light and dark in us all, and sometimes not making the bed, just to test yourself, ROCKS! Kind of like me taking a day off from doing the dishes each night!

    Happy week off!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good--you deserve a break and a nesting period in your new home! Congrats! And love learning more about you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats Gina!! Happy house decorating-I love doing that!!
    No shower after a workout and you don't have an issue with BO-wow,now that's what I call a LUCKY girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. im so sorry to hear about ur fructose malabsorption- ive heard about it before and it sounds like a pesky thing to deal with. yes i eat gluten-free but i will have whole spelt flour occassionally... its the only glutenous product i dont seem to react too (im gluten sensitive.. not celiac thankfully)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Weee, congratulations on your new home! I hope you can enjoy the moving process as much as possible. I just leased a new apt myself for move-in on June 1 and I am SO excited to have a place of my own for the first time, but the packing and moving itself sure is no fun! You have all my sympathy but all my congratulations at the same time. :) Seeya on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I always envy people who don't sweat too much after a workout-my clothes are drenched(and I mean right from my hair band to my socks)!! I'm sure if I could squeeze out the sweat it would be equal to the 1 liter water that I have to drink during my workouts!! I can't even wear sleeveless tops when I workout. Thankfully the excessive sweating is just restricted to when I exercise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. CONGRATULATIONS!! Mallard purchased our house from the bank as it was a previously foreclosed home. We have renovated the entire house! It's been a long road but it feels great to be almost finished. Good luck! We have installed real hardwood floors on the main floor, carpetted the second floor and finished the basement. We have also replaced light fixtures and repainted EVERY room. Oh and put a fan in SNuffy's room and replaced trim. So, if you have questions let me know!!! I can't wait to see pics!!!! congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fellow mustard addict here ;)

    Congrats on the new house, cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Have a great break Gina and have fun with your new house!!! oh my gosh, yes lots of fun and never ending things to do. I think Chris and I have kind of stopped with our 'to-do's' and are focusing more on cycling lol ah well! Love to hear about you and I would love to meet you girl. I sometimes don't shower after working out, but I don't seem to smell too bad and sometimes I don't wash my hair all weekend, shhh!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi there! I just found your blog :) Loving it so far!! It sounds like we have a lot in common!!
    Congrats on your house!
    I actually JUST posted a list of happy things too..
    I have not showering after working out in common with you haha- I don't smell either! I only shower if I want to go out and need to do my hair. I also was an only child until age 13!

    ReplyDelete
  40. i have been following this blog for some time now, good job by the way

    ReplyDelete