But it was delicious. I promise. I seriously need help taking appetizing pictures when it's dark outside. Any tips?
I got this recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, Cooking Light.
Flank Steak With Cilantro Almond Pesto
(Adapted from Cooking Light)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Optional: Four whole grain tortillas
- Optional: 2 bell peppers, sauteed
- Prepare grill, or grill pan.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until finely chopped (about 15 seconds). Add yogurt and juice; process until smooth.
- Grill steak 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve steak with pesto.
- If you want to turn these into tacos, add the steak and pesto to tortillas with sauteed bell peppers (we were going to do this, but at the last minute we decided not to).
QUESTION: What's your favorite pesto dish? Have you ever made pesto with almonds?
Before I forget to post it, I wanted to share this article from the Wall Street Journal, about the low FODMAPs diet. It sounds like it's really catching on here in the states. Probably because...it works!