Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Who Would Have Thought, At Age 29....?

Who would have thought, at age 29, I'd be begging for a new camera for my birthday? And more specifically, begging for a new camera that can help me take better pictures of food!?



Who would have thought, at age 29, I'd order the sesame seared tuna and request that before anyone starts to eat, I take a picture of our food at the restaurant (with my old camera, that was about to die...hence the awful picture)?


Who would have thought I'd be ok with Nick ordering FRIED chicken?!





Who would have thought, at age 29, I'd be engaged to the best man in the world?! And, who would have thought I'd be engaged to someone who I swear always ends up putting on the same colored shirt as I do (no, we do not plan this, I promise, it just always happens!).






Who would have thought, at age 29, I'd still feel like I was 19, and I'd still have a mom and dad who treat me like an angel, and who look incredible (the picture below is from Thanksgiving)?! And, who would have thought, at age 29, I'd have a brother who is about to get his license?!?!?! Everyone, watch out!




My birthday was on Monday, January 30th, and obviously I turned 29. And who would have thought, at age 29, my way to "Celebrate" my birthday week would be to take a break from cooking and take a day off from blogging?! NOT ME! I never would have thought!


Enjoy your Hump Day everyone! I'll be back on Friday with one of my favorite types of posts; an opinion post. A very CANDID opinion post ;)

QUESTION: Will anyone be watching the movie Groundhog Day tomorrow? It's my favorite movie of all time (well, it might come in second to Forrest Gump). It's GRRRROUNDHOGGGG DAYYYYYY!

17 comments :

  1. What a cute post! Its crazy to think how much blogging has rocked our nutritional world. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love this post!!

    First, I'm living vicariously through you and your new camera...can't wait to see new pics.

    Second, you still LOOK like you're 19! Gorgeous photo.

    Third, I'm on pins and needles now for Friday's post. =)

    I'll definitely be watching GD tomorrow...one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Gina! You and Nick are an adorable couple. I look forward to following your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday =)
    Awesome present... that is on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (late) Birthday!! I'm desperate for a camera too, you lucky thing! Looking forward to seeing your new and improved photos!

    Also I love Groundhog Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! It looks like a fun celebration and awesome meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love the movie Groundhog Day too. I had never seen it until I met Eric and he was like you have to see it! haha.

    I also would not quite have expected the way life turned out :) It's all good surprises though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fancy camera! I can't wait to see it on Saturday ;) Happy belated Birthday..again :) I'm glad you guys celebrated with some delicious grub ;) And I can't wait to see your post on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) birthday! The camera is beautiful, I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy belated birthday Gina, sounds like a great celebration with your loved ones and good food! that's he way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! It's amazing how things turn out! Some we expect and others we don't. Looking forward to reading your next post. I love opinion posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday. enjoy your new toy and all the other "gifts". opinion post- can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happyyyy BdAAAA!!!! Youre so pretty and Nick is so handsome! What a great looking couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a great birthday!!! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!! I'm SO happy for you and Nick... Y'all are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete