Friday, December 9, 2011

Fully Loaded Oatmeal


Oatmeal, chocolate peanut butter, 1/2 banana, and 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
Now this is a good way to start the morning!

I mean think about it....you've got your whole grain (oats), your protein (almonds and nut butter), your half cup of fruit (banana), your fiber (oats, almonds, banana), and your milk/dairy (extra almond milk). Not only that, but you've also got chocolate!




Next we've got oatmeal with banana, honey roasted nuts, and a bit of natural calorie-free sweetener. I had a cup of unsweetened almond milk, and coffee to drink (multiple cups of coffee, I might add).

This was another fabulous combination that was a great example of a "ChooseMyPlate" breakfast. Of course, more than one-quarter of my breakfast is grain....but oh well, close enough.

This was last year's obsession....

Oatmeal with pumpkin and peanut butter. Can you believe I haven't had this for an entire year?! I used to be obsessed!

QUESTION: Go ahead, tell me your favorite way to eat oatmeal, or any other hot cereal. And what do you normally eat for breakfast on weekends?? Speaking of weekends, have a great one! I'll be working :)

17 comments :

  1. Love the concoctions. Oats- sometimes with coconut and berries, PB makes appearances, there are salty mornings and mornings where slow cooker apple experiements end up on the oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just about to make my current fav mix- oats with almond butter, banana and a dash of pumpkin pie spice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really really interesting combos! I have to admit that I havent been paying attention to my breakfast since I started to work, even in weekends, I just eat and done. I've been eating mainly savory breakfasts, like oatmeal with Chinese pickles. I think I will do something more fancy this weekend! :) thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i grind oats into flour and use it for banana bread that I spread chocolate peanut butter onto- so its like oats, banana and pb all in one portable breakfast. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know what i totally forgot about the amazingness of adding pumpkin AFTER the oatmeal is cooked! like a topper haha i always just mix it right in but i like where you're going with this..

    hmm can i not wait for breakfast tomorrow would be the right answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't eat oatmeal, but when I used to make buckwheat cereal, I usually added cashews, goji berries (or raisins) coconut, and some chocolate....mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice sharing thanks for the post. You have provided nice post I’ll bookmark your blog and read this kind of stuff very often. Keep updating it I will be following it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that peanut butter has made a mandatory appearance in each bowl! I am still favoring the pumpkin and pb blend from last year!
    I like Being Healthiers idea of grinding the oats to flour and using as a bread. genius.
    I'm groovin on toasted walnuts on my oats right now.
    Great cozy post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite oatmeal combo is with a little Greek yogurt and walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pumpkin and peanut butter sounds great! I made pumpkin oatmeal this winter and was very disappointed, but I bet the PB is just what it needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate peanut butter in my daily oatmeal sounds amazing!!! I'm going to have to try that soon. I love adding chopped pecans, cinnamon and a little soy milk with my oatmeal...it's nothing too complicated, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. delicious ideas for oatmeal gina! i love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That oatmeal looks fantastic! I too go through food 'phases' where I'll eat one thing for breakfast or lunch for months on end. But I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds delicious! I make oatmeal during the week. I usually cook it in vanilla soy milk w/ cinnamon and top it with bananas. Weekends are usually eggs one day and pancakes, waffles, muffins, or scones the next day. I like to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gina. OMG...I LOVE the idea of honey roasted nuts on oatmeal. My favorite is banana, dried cranberries, a splash of fat-free creamer and some maple syrup. Afte rthat, I'm full 'till lunchtime. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a great bowl of oats! I love my oatmeal a little bit of a plain way: Brown Sugar and Vanilla Almond Milk. Simple but yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. PB and Pumpkin Oatmeal?? Hmm....I love both of those things and often eat them alone in oatmeal, but had never even thought to try them together. I'm curious...but also scared to do it! Tell me it will be okay and tasty and I will give it a go!

    ReplyDelete